1. Upload the items you want to organize into your My Data.
2. Select the items you want to add a keyword to (i.e. items you want to organize within a folder) and click Actions, Edit in batch.
3. Click on Keywords. From this screen, you can add a keyword to all items you’ve chosen to edit. In this example, we’ve added ‘Land Use Maps of the UK - ‘ to the start of each title and some Keywords to each one:
‘land use mapping’
Then the three maps from England were selected and batch edit was used to give those the additional keyword tag:
Then the three maps from Northern Ireland were selected and batch edit was used to give those the additional keyword tag:
4. Now that these items have various keywords acting as folders and subfolders, you can search within your My Data to see items with one or more of those keywords:
5. You can then add these items to a Project and search within the Project for various keywords. Adding these items to a Project is a good way of allowing others to upload items, as well. Another member of the project (with contributor status) can add more items to the project with the appropriate folder and subfolder tags, so that searches for those keyword tags within the project would find the items from both contributors.
Batch edit can be used to replace these tags prior to publication if you don’t want these internal file management tags to be seen on the published items.
Share this article: